Thursday, March 20, 2008
Plano Presby. - Home Away from Home Lately
Well, Mark and I have had a couple of interesting days at the hospital. Hopefully we can laugh about how fun this pregnancy has been years from now... Anyway, we ended up in the ER about 2:30 Tuesday morning and were there until about 6. What a morning! I woke up and could not catch my breath (guess I have more than a sinus infection). To top that off, I wasn't feeling the baby move, so Mark called our doctor and off she sent us. The nurses in Labor & Delivery were great! They hooked us up to a monitor and watched the baby to make sure that everything was OK. Thankfully, she started moving about once we were there for a while. Then the fun began when we had to go back to the ER and wait forever to see a doctor. Not a great experience - the wait was forever and the doctor was a bit of a jerk. We finally left about 6. Needless to say, we were both exhausted. I rested all day yesterday and was prepared to do the same today. We already had our normal OB appointment scheduled for late this morning, so I just waited to see Dr. Nivens. By the time we got to the office, I was totally out of breathe again and having a hard time breathing. I have a bad case of acute bronchitis and she was worried about pneumonia. The baby wasn't moving much again, so they hooked me up to the monitor and kept a watch on the baby for over an hour. Once again, she was slow to move, but eventually she started moving a bunch. That was definitely a relief! We then went downstairs for me to have a chest x-ray since the ER doctor didn't do one. Hopefully we'll hear something back today or in the morning. I also got some stronger prescriptions, so that should help knock some of this crud out of my chest. We're keeping our fingers crossed and saying some prayers! We're both so relieved that Princess Peanut is doing good.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)








4 comments:
That must be miserable, Leslie. I hope you start feeling better soon for yourself and Princess Peanut.
Oh wow. I'm glad to hear you're getting a bit of rest and Miss Peanut is doing alright; we're praying for you guys!
Those stinking ER docs...seriously, do they know how to do anything? If they don't know what is going on they could at least be nice.
I'm sorry you aren't feeling well. I am glad everything with the baby is okay and you are on the mends hopefully.
Post a Comment