We Now Have Pages!

Click one of the links below for more information from the Newman family.

Friday, April 18, 2008

Week 37 Update

Whoa! It's hard to believe that Princess Peanut will be here in just a couple of weeks, if not sooner! I went to the doctor yesterday for my weekly check-up. I am now 2 cm and 60% effaced. We're still progressing. Mark and I went to a breastfeeding class at Plano Presby. last night. It was really informative and makes me feel like I will be able to breastfeed, so that is exciting! A couple of highlights from the evening...
  • The baby was moving so much that the teacher commented on watching my belly from the front of the classroom.
  • The Tornado Sirens went off in Plano, so we all headed into the stairwell to hang out for a while. Thank goodness it was just a strong storm warning.
  • I was so uncomfortable during class, that everyone thought that I was going into pre-term labor. The teacher mentioned going up to L&D, but the pains were so far apart, we decided to head home and wait it out...

So, I am working from home again today and trying to rest as much as possible. I'm totally exhausted and not feeling great, but not having those intense pains. I still feel like she is going to arrive early, but who knows at this point!?! My parents are planning on coming to Dallas next Saturday (Mom's birthday), so I hope that the baby waits for their arrival!

3 comments:

Meredith Braaten, CD(DONA) said...

Ohhhh, those are some good feelings you've got there!! I think your mama's intuition is right on target.

I love that the instructor could watch your baby move!! Hilarious.

Jennifer Walker said...

Everybody kept telling me that I wouldn't go early for my first and Jack was 12 days early. I hope you have your bag packed.

On second thought, the people who saw my big belly thought I wouldn't make it to my due date and they were right.

Anonymous said...

Era came early...I remember those feelings. I went to the dr at 9am and was 3 cm and 60%. We had E the next morning at 1am. Stick to your intuition...you'll be using it a lot in the future! :) You're in my thoughts and prayers. I am excited for you...Princess Peanut is going to make your heart grow in ways you never thought possible. Love to you guys!