We Now Have Pages!

Click one of the links below for more information from the Newman family.

Wednesday, October 15, 2008

Project Weekend

Last weekend I was actually able to accomplish a few things that have been on my To Do List for a while. It was so refreshing to actually be able to get some things done. I am sure that Nora was footballed out by Sunday night since she was hanging out with Daddy for most of Saturday. I would run in and out of the room for kisses in between projects. What a sweet pea!

So ... I was able to make dinners to deliver for a couple of friends that were about to have a baby (who arrived today! Yippee for Baby Girl Braaten!) and some friends that had sweet baby James about 6 weeks ago. I guess better late than never on that one, right?!? Here's a picture of Kimberly, James, Nora and me from Sunday.

My other big project for the weekend was making Miss Nora organic baby food. My mom always made Jeff and my baby food, so I thought that I would give it a try. I finally was able to make it to Whole Foods on Friday before I picked Nora up from school. I got a variety of fresh veggies and some frozen as well. I tackled the fresh stuff first, pureeing and freezing the various fruits and veggies in ice cube trays. Once they were frozen, I transferred them to freezer bags and marked the date since Nora is still just eating rice cereal and oatmeal. I guess we'll see over the next few weeks if the food is a hit!

post signature

2 comments:

Jennifer Walker said...

That's awesome Leslie. I wish I would have known more about making my own food for Jack. I was just so clueless that the jars were easiest. But looking back, it was insane how many jars I had to buy at once, when I could have just made it in advance. Good luck with it!

Wendy said...

Good for you. But if you are in a pinch I really liked Beechnut baby food. They have a ton of variety compared to Gerber.