Mark and I had our first really big date night out since Miss Nora arrived on the scene on Saturday night. My cousins took us to the Cattle Baron's Ball at Southfork Ranch. We had a great time with Bill and Lisa, Kim and Kurt, Christi and Joe and all the gang! It was so much fun to see our friends Andrew and Deanna as well. We started at the VIP Party at the house at Southfork. Hello 80's! It looks the same as it did on Dallas. Too funny! Can you say wallpaper and borders everywhere?
Sugarland was the big entertainment of the evening and they were a huge hit! What a fun show. We had so much fun eating, drinking, dancing and chatting it up with everyone. Mark and I decided that it was our favorite year yet! We loved Brad Paisley last year, but I was so sick with Princess Peanut, that it kind of took the fun out of the night. Our first year the entertainment was Brooks and Dunn, so that was a good time too.
Nora did great at her slumber party with her cousins Will, Sloane and Isabella. However, I don't think that any of them realized that it was their first spend the night party! We'll have to tell them about it someday. Simone and Sonia took great care of her that night and the next morning. How nice it was to be able to sleep until 8 a.m.! Crazy how we think that is sleeping in these days...
After breakfast with Bill and Lisa, we headed back home. Mark headed out for golf with the boys and Nora and I had a good nap together. We had such a fun day, just hanging out together. It really made me miss those days that I was home with her during my maternity leave. She is so much fun now, playing and learning new things. Listening to her talk is just the cutest! It melts my heart and makes me smile.
Nora did great at her slumber party with her cousins Will, Sloane and Isabella. However, I don't think that any of them realized that it was their first spend the night party! We'll have to tell them about it someday. Simone and Sonia took great care of her that night and the next morning. How nice it was to be able to sleep until 8 a.m.! Crazy how we think that is sleeping in these days...
After breakfast with Bill and Lisa, we headed back home. Mark headed out for golf with the boys and Nora and I had a good nap together. We had such a fun day, just hanging out together. It really made me miss those days that I was home with her during my maternity leave. She is so much fun now, playing and learning new things. Listening to her talk is just the cutest! It melts my heart and makes me smile.
Mark and me at the VIP Party
Kim and Kurt (taking a break from checking out the Auburn score)
The lead singer of Sugarland ... I think that Mark got a pretty cool shot.
![]()








1 comment:
Looks like so much fun!
Post a Comment