We Now Have Pages!

Click one of the links below for more information from the Newman family.

Tuesday, June 17, 2008

Father's Day Weekend

Whew! What a busy Father's Day weekend. Mark picked up the big girls (Hannah and Hayleigh) on Friday night and we all headed over to Andrew and Deanna's house for a fun dinner and some swimming. Nora got in the pool for the first time! It was pretty funny to put her in a swim diaper - it went up to her chest. However, she looked cutie pie in her little Lily swimsuit. She loves her bath, so we thought that she would love the water. Let's just say, it was a bit on the cool side, so she didn't quite warm up to the pool, but she still did great! We all had a great time with the Stovers and the Nowaks. Allie and Avery are swimming like little tadpoles!


On Saturday, Mark chilled out with the girls while I ran a bunch of errands. They go so much faster without a little baby with me! In the afternoon we headed to the park for a picnic with our Sunday School Class. We forgot Nora's bottle, so needless to say, we didn't last too long at the picnic...


After my third shower of the day (did I mention that it was 100 degrees each day this weekend?!?), Mark and I got ready for Bill's birthday party. We packed up the girls and headed down South. All of the girls got to hang out in the playroom and nursery with the twins, Wild Will (our new nickname for the baby formerly known as Dream Baby Will), Nick, Isabella and some other cute girls. It was a bit crazy, but fun - upstairs and at the Cuban-themed party. We and I had a great time celebrating with Bill, Lisa and all of their friends. Too bad we had to make it an early night ... the realities of parenthood and lack of sleep were kicking in!


All of the girls and Mark slept in Father's Day morning while I made breakfast. I got the big girls up and we took Mark his presents and breakfast in bed. He loved everything, especially his singing card with a special message from all of the girls, including some grunts from Nora. Too cute! We headed to church and lunch at MiCocina. Nora was so well behaved, so that made it even more fun. That afternoon, Mark and the girls went to see Kung Fu Panda,which they loved! Mattel made toys for that movie, so I'm glad that it is a huge success! I worked on some Panda Paws and a Sparring Bag for the licensing agreement which was pretty cool.


Overall we had a busy, but great weekend! Now we are back to the reality of the bathroom remodel (I'm waiting to reveal the finished product) and Mark is back at work. Nora and I are still hanging out and having a great time. She is totally holding her head up and when we lay her under her little jungle gym, she moves her entire body about 90 degrees. Craziness! No wonder it felt like she was turning somersaults in my belly!


post signature

3 comments:

Jennifer Walker said...

Very cute pics. Happy Father's Day, Mark!

Jessica said...

Has your head stopped spinning yet? Sounds like a fun weekend!

TeamRiss said...

We loved seeing you guys at the BBQ at the park. Those are some good pics of your adorable fam!